Hello Guest

Author Topic: Viruk....  (Read 4735 times)

Offline Thorús

• wow-member
Viruk....
« on: December 15, 2013, 06:58:20 pm »
You still here? been trying to contact you for a while wondering if you got your PS4 yet...

Offline Viruk

• wow-officer
Re: Viruk....
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 11:05:13 am »
I am indeed still here.  Not got a PS4 as yet however.  Will hopefully be getting one in the new year.  You?

Offline Thorús

• wow-member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 12:33:41 pm »
yeah its epic. Dave should be getting his in Christmas too but he's currently inhabiting the third world either way ESO will be out in June.

Offline Thorús

• wow-member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 10:39:30 pm »
V, will you be in the beta this weekend? im downloading the game right now I will prob be playing some Aldmeri and a little Ebonheart since I will be nord for launch. I'll post my char name on here and if once I get in. add me to bookface so I don't have to keep typing in here.

Offline Viruk

• wow-officer
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 01:07:33 pm »
I will not be in the BETA but once i earn some moeny and buy some new kit I will be getting the game.

Offline Thorús

• wow-member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 02:51:02 pm »
so you wont be joining me and dave on the PS4 then?

Offline Viruk

• wow-officer
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 03:13:00 pm »
Once i get a PS4 i will =D.  It's on my list.

Offline Thorús

• wow-member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 09:47:31 pm »
ok bruv first thing is first. the game is fucking awesome and its beta I ran into 1 bug with 2 days of full play its so big and so pretty jesus and the way you talent is even better then skyrim its the best skill system I've seen to date. It blew me away I only got my hands on Sorceress and the Assassin guy. The sorceress is EPIC its like a warlock/Mage just awesome all the weapons have their own talent system so you could level a restoration staff with the summoning of a sorceress. I enjoyed the assassin I played that as an archer and it was pretty awesome to be honest I had that Legolas feel which is what I look for in an archer class.

Ok as far as your PC goes you wont need new kit, you played TOR right? cos if you can run TOR you can run this and at higher levels then you did TOR the engine is just that good loads of people onscreen no lag. I'm honestly tempted to get it on PC then on PS4 too just so I don't got to wait the 2 months lol. I didn't get time to do any crafting but it seems similar to Skyrim but deeper.

Offline Fridge

• wow-member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 09:54:54 pm »
Elder Scrolls Online will be one of the biggest MMO fails, mark my words ...

Offline stuka06

• wow-member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 01:20:35 am »
What are things everyone with a half decent knowledge of the video game industry says for 400

crashtest

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 01:41:42 am »
ok bruv first thing is first. the game is fucking awesome

City of Heroes   2004   release, Closed November 30, 2012   
City of Villains   2005   release, Closed November 30, 2012   
Star Wars Galaxies   2003 release, closed December 15, 2011   
Warhammer online was awesome in beta then it went live and now it's turned off. 2008, release, Closed December 18, 2013
Everyone said AoC was awesome and it's pretty much dead in the water suprised it's not actually closed.
Rift was awesome and it's got a playerbase of less than 1 mill
FF MMO was that bad they pulled it down after 3 weeks or something crazy to rebuild it but THAT was supposed to be awesome and the beta seemed ok.

The problem is getting and retaining a playerbase.

You wanna know why WoW has dominated all of the above games? And it's not because it's better than them in any way, as each of the above games has elements that it did better than WoW and then Blizzard stole the idea and put them into WoW. Scenario's are pretty much from WAR and Rift, as is the shared tagging. They are also stealing the "no quest items in inventory" from WAR, but WAR still did it better as all you needed to do to get quest items was kill a mob, no looting required, you STILL have to loot them in WoW.

I'll be honest tho, while ES has a fairly decent sales basis when you look at it (around 10 million units of the last one over a several week period) this was across multiple platforms, now seeing as they most likely won't be releasing it on xbox due to the whole subscription side of things to be able to play online they have already eliminated there biggest audience as 59% of the sales of the last game were for 360, now they worked out some shit with Sony so that you dont need PS+ to play it, but MS aren't so nice in that regard as of yet.

After 2 months the concurrent players will be in the less than half a million mark

Just like all the rest of them have been tbh

Offline Kjeldoran

• wow-member
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 10:15:08 am »
ok bruv first thing is first. the game is fucking awesome and its beta I ran into 1 bug with 2 days of full play its so big and so pretty jesus and the way you talent is even better then skyrim its the best skill system I've seen to date. It blew me away I only got my hands on Sorceress and the Assassin guy. The sorceress is EPIC its like a warlock/Mage just awesome all the weapons have their own talent system so you could level a restoration staff with the summoning of a sorceress. I enjoyed the assassin I played that as an archer and it was pretty awesome to be honest I had that Legolas feel which is what I look for in an archer class.

Ok as far as your PC goes you wont need new kit, you played TOR right? cos if you can run TOR you can run this and at higher levels then you did TOR the engine is just that good loads of people onscreen no lag. I'm honestly tempted to get it on PC then on PS4 too just so I don't got to wait the 2 months lol. I didn't get time to do any crafting but it seems similar to Skyrim but deeper.

What game are we talking about? :-)

Offline Viruk

• wow-officer
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 11:11:44 am »
Elder Scrolls Online.

Offline Kjeldoran

• wow-member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 11:23:52 am »
Yeah, I deducted that from the later replies, but didn't read the entire thread before asking my question.

I will for sure give it a try, fully aware that it'll another SWTOR/AoC ... meaning I'll play it for a short while and lose interest. But so far, I've enjoyed any Elder Scroll game I've played, I simply need to try it out, for sure.

Offline stuka06

• wow-member
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 08:12:52 am »
Just like all the rest of them have been tbh

People tend to overestimate the kinds of numbers a MMO needs to be "successful".
Even half a Mill is a strong enough player base for any MMO.